CentraleSupélec is an internationally-reputed Higher Education and Research Institution. Its excellence lies in its combination of fundamental and applied sciences for innovation with societal impact. For almost two centuries, CentraleSupélec's top engineers have been practicing their skills and knowledge for the development of corporate institutions and public organizations.
International students represent approximately 30% of the 4,700 CentraleSupélec students. They come from all over the world (roughly 60 different nationalities are represented). A significant number of these students are registered to complete a double degree through T.I.M.E. double degree program, a network created 28 years ago by CentraleSupélec. To date, more than 3,000 graduates have received double degrees from CentraleSupélec and from their home university.
Studying at CentraleSupélec is a unique opportunity for international students to develop a large network of friends and fellow alumni, particularly future leaders/actors of science and industry in Europe and beyond.
CentraleSupélec wants to attract the best international students, highly talented in mathematics and physics, to these programs. Many exchange programs are offered to international students according to their level of studies.
Since 1989, CentraleSupélec has developed partnerships with high-ranking international universities in order to forge double-degree agreements.
Today, students from more than 80 universities with double degree agreements spend two years completing their engineering studies with CentraleSupélec and can simultaneously obtain engineering diplomas from the school and from their home universities.
Conditions of admission
Students must be registered with a partner university that has signed a double-degree agreement with CentraleSupélec (Supélec/École Centrale Engineering programs); these students may apply once they have been nominated by the International Relations office of their home universities
Double degree programs:
- 1st year + 2nd year double degree (3rd & 4th year of higher education)
International students having completed at least two years of higher education studies can apply to CentraleSupélec for the 1st year (Supélec or École Centrale Engineering programs) and return to their home universities to finalize their Master’s degree or equivalent
- 2A+3A double degree (4th & 5th year of higher education)
International students having completed at least three years of higher education can apply for the CentraleSupélec Engineering program to enter in the 2nd year.
These programs give students the opportunity to complete a semester or even an academic year in immersion in an interdisciplinary program covering science, engineering and social sciences.
CentraleSupélec has adopted the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). Students can complete international placements of varying lengths in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year (no tuition fees owing for students from partner universities), or in laboratories of the school to develop projects. Results obtained are transmitted to students’ home universities:
- 1st-year classes (3rd year of higher education) for the Supélec Engineering program: Fall Semester and/or Spring Semester
- 2nd-year classes (4th year of higher education) for the Supélec or École Centrale Engineering programs: Fall Semester and/or Spring Semester.
- 3rd-year classes (5th year of higher education) for the École Centrale Engineering program: entire year + internship
- Classes + research project in one of the CentraleSupélec laboratories. Students should contact the research laboratory director before applying.
1st and 2nd years of Engineering studies
- Fall Semester (1st semester): beginning of September – end of January
- Spring Semester (2nd semester): beginning of February – mid-June
3rd year of Engineering studies
- 1st period (classes): beginning of September – end of March
- 2nd period (internship): beginning of April – end of September
Find out CentraleSupélec
4,500 students and 370 instructors and instructor-researchers interacting within an international network.Plus d'infos