CentraleSupélec is an internationally-reputed Higher Education and Research Institution. Its excellence lies in its combination of fundamental and applied sciences for innovation with societal impact. For almost two centuries, CentraleSupélec's top engineers have been practicing their skills and knowledge for the development of corporate institutions and public organizations.
To ensure a coherent policy to practice bridge, we are undergoing profound changes on an institutional level. Key to these changes are; the new engineering curriculum - which will be fully implemented at the beginning of 2018, the construction of the new Saclay campus in 2017 and assuming our leadership position within the organisation of Université Paris-Saclay.
Additionally, we are:
- building a business model that ensures economic balance and resource development
- extend our digital transformation to become a leading digital tech institute; specifically through the development of EdTech and innovative pedagogical tools
- developing partnerships and alliances to enrich our training offer, enhance our research and reinforce our leadership within Université Paris-Saclay and on an international level.
The biggest university in Europe
Université Paris-Saclay brings together:
Its educational model is based on combining training, research and innovation, placing the student at the center of a dynamic environment. As the first European cluster of its scale, Paris-Saclay is represented by a territory spanning 49 municipalities with 350,000 jobs and accounts for 15% of France’s research.
CentraleSupélec is a founding member of Université Paris-Saclay. We have 5 Doctoral Schools and Masters Programs that cover the whole of the Parisian regions.
CentraleSupélec is a leader within Université Paris-Saclay. We are responsible for the synergy between the academic and industrial actors on the Board and we generate ideas and projects that contribute to the success of the institution.
A search for leadership
It is primarily through our research that we at CentraleSupélec have established ourselves as a pillar of the Paris-Saclay cluster.
- In 2009, we created the College of Sciences of Engineering and Systems (CSIS)
- We have won 12 bids to tender under the Investments of Future program, designed to equip Université Paris-Saclay with laboratories and shared equipment of excellence.
We have also participated in 6 laboratories of excellence (LABEX) and 2 equipments of excellence (EQUIPEX) and co-directs 5 Université of Paris-Saclay Doctoral Schools.
“Our research activity was one of the first, and remains a core pillar of Université Paris-Saclay. "
Estelle Lacona, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research